Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Top Five: Best of 2008

Everyone else is doing it, why don't I ? Here are my top five highly personalized best things of 2008.

5. Economics I. The company I work for, Novell, continued to do well enough to keep me employed, God bless 'em.

4. Economics II. The real estate investment we went into in 2005 went south this year, and we sold it in November for a loss. But, we avoided a bone-crushing loss and feel light as feathers now!

3. Family I. Our oldest son was able to resume a relationship with his son, which brought joy all around.

2. Family II. Another son and his family moved back to Utah from Houston. More joy all around!

1. Cyber-communication. I started a blog and a Facebook account this year. I can express my thoughts in this blog, to myself and a few dedicated readers, and on Facebook I can keep in touch with family and friends, sharing moments, photos, events and more.

This was the hardest entry to limit to five. A growing relationship with and love for my wife, joy in church service, new family history adventures, and interesting and loving extended family relationships are also treasures I'll look back on with happiness for 2008.

No comments: