Thursday, October 16, 2008

Top Three: Tribute Videos to Those Who've Gone On

Don't know why, but this morning I've been thinking about parents and grandparents who've 'gone on'. So click on these three tribute videos (special discount from my normal five), to help you remember them

3. Remember, Josh Groban. I know, the song was written for Achilles, pleading for us to remember what a heroic guy he was. But I've adopted this song for family history, each of our ancestors saying to us, "I will still be here, as long as you hold me in your memory."


2. I Still Can't Say Goodbye, Chet Atkins. Sung for his dad, but for me it applies just as well to mom.


1. Grow Old With Me, Mary Chapin Carpenter. A few years ago I paired this song with some home video from the late 80's featuring my parents, and others who have since died--Grandma Henderson, Uncle Gene, Aunt Georgia... A tribute to those who handled the thick and thin of life to demonstrate their eternal love for each other and for family, and a glance back for siblings, children, and nephews/nieces at who we were twenty years ago.


So to all you father and mothers, wives and husbands, sons and daughters who see this, God bless you and keep giving your best, your loved ones will remember.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Drat...my computer is too slow to watch videos....I'll have to get over to E's!

kevsteelio said...

Thanks dad, this was a really nice read.

Love ya

Peggy said...

These are great!!

Grow Old Along With Me...
Great recording Mark!
I'm thinking we were in the Moreland cemetery w/Grma Ruby and Uncle Gene?

MarkS said...

Yes, the graveyard with lots of family was in Moreland. The scenes with us and Mom and Dad were in Switzerland in 1987, and the family reunion shots at the end were at Sherwood Hills resort in 1989.